Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pathi Pathni Haircut and Gmom

Well, not many Indian grand daughters will be surprised with the amount of affection me and my gmom share. Like many of you i am a totally pampered g.daughter and being named on her i get all the special attention.

No wonder that had made me in-sensitive to any other intensity/frequency of love...lol. I was recently so surprised and taken back to realize that education and the working women pride in my head has taken away the wisdom/value of love/tolerence and super special love offering that INDIAN WOMEN OF THE PAST surrendered to their better half. Well i am no way going back to that state but atleast i though to all those who are too much into the future vision and run and chase of life/job atleast get back to listen to these "Living Universities around us"

Incidient: I picked up a heavy fight with my husband (all natural every day right lol) about him not allowing me to cut my hair the way i wanted. I was insisting that he starts to like me the way i like and me not turning the way he likes. I had a full 3 days of cribbing fighting sour talks and finally got convinced that i look good as i am.


I go home to my gmom and say that 'Men Men Men, i hate them and the marriage has looted all my freedom and what not"....Suddenly i noticed that my gmom was seeing her old (young rather) albums where she and her sisted were singing before a well 500+ audience. I started shouting at her instantly; "You are an idiot; you are so senseless and see how grand pa limited all your talents by not allowing you to shine as a celebrity"...you wasted your life, he wasted your life blah.....blah....blah.....

She replied "I sang 16 years just to be the best singer in the world,,and yeah it was a great passion and it meant a lot to me..It was my life's ambition. I wanted to stop singing the day i was a best singer. i use to feel so great whenever some one comes and tells me i did a great performance...

MY BLOOD WAS BOILING INSIDE ALREADY ABUSING MY DEAD POOR GRAND PA!!!

G Mom continues...One day i come down the stage and your grand pa who usually watches news and prefers being in a quiet library walked down near the stage and told me "Its too late stop this and come home now". After the last song we went home and then he asked me to sing that song again for him. He listened twice and said " You voice has such a miracle and you sing so great". It was too simple a statement but that pride and price of that statement to hear from him over whelmed the appreciations i got so long and that may possibly come in future..."

I never went on a stage again and it is my personal choice to surrender to what he likes. He never encouraged me to sing but he fullfilled the biggest desire of me so easily with a few words...And thats all i wanted in life the satisfaction of the best singer in MY WORLD...

After this she did give a stare to me and said..Your husband said a 101 times you look so beatiful and that did not register in your mind as opposed to the reason why he did not want you a hair cut. And when you DO have the hair cut if he does not repeat it for the 102nd time what reason would you have to fight ;) :)

I decided not to fight again...WAIT...NOT TO FIGHT AGAIN ABOUT THE HAIR CUT ONLY ***Conditions apply

No comments:

Post a Comment