Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You have ravish'd me away by a Power I cannot resist....Falling in Love again with Keats!

Heard melodies and sweet and those unheard are sweeter...and to listen to the unsung between the song is sweetest...

Keats has a way with words more intense and irresistible power than many authors...For the art of writing a love letter I wish he loved many more and wrote many more letters...

My teens was filled with his words in my diaries and after 10 years of Functional specs and technical specs I live through Keat's words dissolving in the sweetness of what he wrote and what I filled in my memories...

Keats....Beyond ages I can fall for your words again and again and again! EVERYONE SHOULD I insist...


John Keats quotes (refreshing today after years!)
 
“Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard, are sweeter”  
 
“I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.”

“Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know.”  

“I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination.”  
“A thing of beauty is a joy forever.”  
“Nothing ever becomes real 'til it is experienced.”  
Touch has a memory.”  
“Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter: therefore, ye soft pipes, play on.”  
“The poetry of the earth is never dead.”  
“The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.”  
“Life is but a day:
A fragile dewdrop on its perilious way
From a tree's summit”  
“Beauty is truth, truth beauty,'--that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- Ode to a Grecian Urn”  
“I am in that temper that if I were under water I would scarcely kick to come to the top.”  
“A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.”  
“I want a brighter word than bright”  
 
Falling in Love again with John Keats....We read fine things but never feel them to the full until we have gone the same steps as the author.”
 
Author here: I am along with John Keats! :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment